Spain Rail Tickets - Renfe Rail TicketsSpain Train Tickets E‑TICKETRenfe E‑TicketsWith Renfe e-tickets enjoy the ease of train travel in Spain. It’s as simple as choosing your origin and destination from the most popular Spanish cities, seat reservation included! With every domestic destination available for booking, travel aboard Spain’s high speed AVE trains to the likes of Madrid, Barcelona, Seville, Malaga, Valencia and beyond.
Renfe: Renfe Operadora is Spain's national train company. Renfe's high-speed AVE trains travel up to 350 km/h and connect Madrid with other major cities in Spain including Seville, Barcelona, Valencia, Toledo, Cordoba, and Malaga.Spain's High Speed AVE Trains:Spanish high speed AVE trains (Alta Velocidad Española) are famously known for transporting passengers to the most popular cities in record time. Reaching speeds of up to 350 km/h, the AVE train covers the distance between Madrid and Barcelona in just 2 hours and 30 minutes.Spain Train Tickets Why Choose Renfe E-tickets:
Or if you're buying more than one ticket, consider buying a rail pass, as it can be cheaper and offers more flexibility.Spain Train Tickets Renfe E-ticket Fare Types
- The price includes seat reservations!
- Fully electronic issuing process!
The least expensive option, offers variable prices depending on time of booking and travel. Ticket exchanges or refunds are not permitted.
- Renfe E-Ticket Promo Fare
Slightly more expensive than the Promo fare, and also offering variable prices depending on time of booking and travel. Refunds are permitted up to 1 day before departure, where a 30% cancellation fee applies.The base fare is not discounted, and also offers variable prices depending on time of booking and travel. Refunds are permitted up to 1 day before departure, where a 20% cancellation fee applies.Spain Train Tickets Renfe E-ticket ClassesStandard class with trolley service when available or you can visit the cafeteria car.Standard class with more spacious seats than Turista and trolley service when available or you can visit the cafeteria car.First class with more spacious seats and catering served at your seat.Spain Train Tickets Suggested ItinerariesMadrid – Granada – Seville –Valencia – Barcelona
- Renfe E-Ticket Promo+ Fare
Discover five of the most popular Spanish cities on a single trip with this suggested route.
Spain Train Tickets Services on the AVE:
- From Madrid to Granada - Estimated travel time: 4h25m
- From Granada to Seville - Estimated travel time: 3h07m
- From Seville to Valencia - Estimated travel time: 3h50m
- From Valencia to Barcelona - Estimated travel time: 2h59m
Note that Club First Class services are not available on all AVE trainsAVE seating chart:Spain Train Tickets Luggage:
Cafeteria car selling light meals, snacks and drinks
Baby changing facilities and play areas
Power socket, TV screen, and radio at every seat
Access to AVE’s VIP lounge (with TV, newspapers, internet access)
Free Parking (24h one-way ticket; 48h round trip ticket)
Access to newspapers and magazines
Hot meals served at your seat (no extra charge)
Drinks served at your seat
Spain Train Tickets Bicycles:
- Passengers can bring up to 2 large pieces of luggage and 1 piece of hand luggage.
- The total weight for all three pieces of luggage must not exceed 20kg.
- Each piece of luggage should not be larger than 250cm.
Spain Train Tickets Animals:
- Bicycles are not allowed on AVE trains, even in a bike bag.
- If you need to travel with your bicycle, you will have to take an alternative train such as a night train, regular or regional trains that do carry bikes.
Spain Train Tickets Accessibility:
- If you’re traveling with a pet, keep in mind that you will need a reservation for your pet.
- Reservations for animals must be made locally, prior to travel.
- You can carry small animals in a container no larger than 60x35x35cm.
- The container cannot exceed 6kg in weight.
- AVE trains include space and facilities for travelers with reduced mobility and special needs.
- Wheelchairs with maximum dimensions of 70cm wide, 130 cm long and 140 cm tall are allowed on board.
- Larger chairs are only accepted if they can be folded and the passenger is able to use a regular seat on the train.
- Ramps are available on AVE trains in order to help passengers to board and to get off the train.
- If you require assistance for traveling on the train, it is advisable to arrive to the train station at least half an hour prior to departure.
For more information, you can contact Renfe at this local phone number (+34) 90 224 05 05.
Some Top Attractions in Spain One of the most visited attractions in Spain, The Alhambra, is a thousand-year-old complex known for the amazing Arab-Islamic architectures of its Fortress, Palaces and gardens built by the Nasrid sultans. More
The Basilica of Sagrada Familia bares the outstanding design of Catalan architect Antoni Gaudi. His final masterpiece is among Spain’s most stunning churches.Located in San Sebatian, La Concha is unique for its one and a half kilometres of white sand in a urban setting. The in-city beach is among the best in Europe.A World Heritage site, this palace is 11 centuries old and has lots to discover. From Alhambra-inspired tile and plasterwork, carved ceilings, open courtyards, gardens fit for a king, these are palace grounds you’ll be happy to get lost in. MoreEl Encierro (the Running of the Bulls) is a staple event of San Fermin’s festival where people compete by running away from a small group of bulls that have been let loose in the streets.Madrid’s Royal Palace is the official residence of the King of Spain. It is now only used for state ceremony and opened for tours and visits.Popular Train Routes in Spain:
- Sagrada Familia Barcelona
Popular Spanish Train Stations:
- Madrid – Barcelona : 2h30m
- Madrid – Seville : 2h20m
- Madrid – Malaga : 2h20m
- Barcelona – Malaga : 5h50
- Barcelona – Seville : 4h59m
- Madrid – Valencia : 1h38m
- Madrid – Granada : 4h25m
- Madrid – Cordoba : 1h42m