JR East Nagano Niigata Area PassJR East Nagano Niigata Area PassThis pass allows passengers to travel on the JR East lines between Tokyo and the cities of Nagano and Niigata during 5 flexible days over a period of 14 days. It also allows travellers to take the train between Haneda or Narita airport and Tokyo.
*Japanese passport holders CANNOT use this pass.
- A child price (6 to 11 years of age) is available for this pass.Access to trains is free for accompanied infants aged 5 years or under.
Conditions of Use for the JR East Nagano Niigata Area Pass
Where Can I Exchange the JR East Nagano Niigata Area Pass
JR Exchange Offices:
- The Pass is only available to non-Japanese passport holders with a short-term visa to stay in Japan for no longer than 90 days.
- Japanese passport holders CANNOT use this pass.
- Travellers can exchange for this JR East Nagano-Niigata Are Pass with a printed copy of their e-voucher within 3 months of the purchase date.
- To exchange the voucher for the Pass you will need your passport.
- The start date of the Pass can no longer be changed once the voucher has been exchanged.
Validity of the JR East Nagano Niigata Area Pass
- Mito Station Travel Service Center, 10:00 - 19:00 Monday through Friday, 10:00 - 17:00 weekends and holidays.
- Niigata Station Travel Service Center, 10:00 - 19:00 Monday through Friday, 10:00 - 17:00 weekends and holidays.
- Nagano Station Travel Service Center, 10:00 - 19:00 Monday through Friday, 10:00 - 17:30 Weekends and holidays.
- Narita Airport Terminal 1, JR EAST Travel Service Center, daily from 8:15 to 19:00. JR Ticket Office, daily from 6:30 to 8:15 and 19:00 to 21:45.
- Narita Airport Terminals 2 and 3, JR East Travel Service Center, every day from 8:15 to 20:00. JR Ticket Office, every day from 6:30 to 8:15 and 20:00 to 21:45.
- Haneda Airport International Terminal, JR East Travel Service Center (Tokyo Monorail 2F Ticket Gate/Arrival Lobby), every day from 7:45 to 18:30.
- Tokyo Station, JR East Travel Service Center (Marunouchi North Exit), every day from 7:30 to 20:30.
- Shinagawa Station, Information Center (Central), every day from 9:00 to 19:00.
- Ueno Station, Information Center (Central), every day from 9:00 to 19:00.
- Shinjuku Station, JR East Travel Service Center (New South Exit), every day from 8:00 to 19:00. Information Center (East), every day from 9:00 to 19:00.
- Shibuya Station, Information Center (South), every day from 10:00 to 18:30.
- Ikebukuro Station, Information Center (Central), every day from 9:30 to 18:00.
- Yokohama Station, Travel Service Center, 10:00 to 20:00 Monday through Friday, 10:00 to 19:00 weekends and holidays.
This Pass Covers the Following Trains:
Booking of the JR East Nagano Niigata Area Pass
- Trains on the JR East Limited Express lines, either local or express, between Tokyo and Nasushiobara, Tokyo and Niigata, as well as those between Tokyo and Joetsumyoko via Nagano.
- Travellers will also be able to travel beween Tokyo and Nikko.
- The Tokyo monorail between Haneda International Airport and Tokyo, as well as the Narita Express between Narita International Airport and Tokyo.
- The Izku Kyuko line between Ito and Izukyu-Shimoda.
- The Hokuetsu Express line between Niigata and Joetsu.
- The Echigo TOKImeki rail line between Arai and Naoetsu.
- The Tobu Direct Limited Express trains "Nikko," "SPACIA Nikko," "Kinugawa," and "SPACIA Kinugawa" to travel to Nikko and Kinugawa Onsen.
- The Joetsu Shinkansen between Tokyo and Niigata, and the Hokuriku shinkansen between Tokyo and Joetsumyoko.
- This pass does not allow travel on JR buses.
- This pass cannot be used on the Tokaido Shinkansen.
Cancellation of the JR East Nagano Niigata Area Pass
- Reservations can only be made after exchanging the voucher for the rail pass.
- With the JR East Niigata-Nagano Pass is possible to make reservations for Shinkansen and limited express on the JR East Website before arriving in Japan.
- With the Pass, no additional fee is required when reserving seats.
- Non-reserved Ordinary Class cars can be accessed freely.
- In order to travel in first classes (Green Car or Gran Class), or on night cars, an extra fee is required.
- To access the platforms, show your pass to the staff located at the platform gates.
- To reserve a seat, ask the staff at the the ticket office.
- It is a personal pass. Please always carry your passport when using the Pass as station and train staff may check it.
- An unused voucher is refundable for one year from the date of issue.
- The voucher can be refunded if it has never been exchanged in Japan.
- A cancellation fee of 10% of the value of the voucher, will be retained.
- No refund is possible for a voucher received by us more than one year from the date of issue.
For lost e-tickets, please contact us for a new copy.