Shikoku Rail Pass - Japan Rail PassShikoku Rail PassShikoku has many marvels to discover such as Matsuyama Castle, Dogo Onsen, Takamatsu city and its beautiful Ritsurin Koen garden and Kochi Castle, which represent just a sampling. This small island also features wonderful hiking trails, known for its Shikoku Pilgrimage featuring 88 temples and beautiful scenery. The Shikoku Rail Pass includes travel on all trains on 1,100 kilometers of railroad, where unlimited trips on each travel day give you the freedom to explore this enchanting island.Shikoku Rail Pass Where Can The Pass Be Used:A Shikoku Rail Pass can be used on all six rail lines in Shikoku, which includes Reserved and Non-Reserved Seats on limited express and regular trains on the JR Shikoku Line and Tosa Kuroshio Line, Iyotetsu Line, Tosaden Traffic, Asato Line and Kotoden Line.Shikoku Rail Pass Eligibility:A Shikoku Rail Pass Can Be Purchased And Used By:People visiting Japan from abroad, under the entry status of "temporary visitor."Shikoku Rail Pass Pre-Booking Time:
- 3 months.
- Shikoku Rail Pass Discounts:
Shikoku Rail Pass Types & Validities:
- 2, 3, 4 or 5 consecutive days
- Ordinary class
- Adult or Child
Shikoku Rail Pass Details:
After purchase you will receive an exchange voucher (on official paper that is shipped to you) which you must exchange for the Shikoku Rail Pass within 3 months of purchase.
Exchanges can be made at the following JR stations in Shikoku Japan, upon presentation of your passport with the “Temporary Visitor” entry status stamp:
Takamatsu Station 4:20am-11:00pm
Matsuyama Station 4:50am-11:20pm
Tokushima Station 5:30am-8:30pm
Kochi Station 4:30am-11:00pm
Warp Takamatsu branch 10:00am-6:00pm (5:00pm on weekends)
Warp Matsuyama branch 10:00am-6:00pm (5:00pm on weekends)
Warp Tokushima branch 10:00am-6:00pm
Warp Kochi branch 10:00am-6:00pm (5:00pm on weekends)
Warp Umeda branch 10:00am-5:30pm (closed on Sundays)
Sakaide Station Warp Plaza 10:00am-6:00pm (closed on Sundays)
Shikoku Rail Pass Additional Details:
Shikoku Rail Pass Holders Can Get A Discounted Fare On:
- At the time of exchange, you can specify the date that you want to start using the pass. It can be any date within 1 month from the exchange date.
- Once the Pass has a starting date written on it, the date cannot be changed.
- To board in Reserved Seating, bring your Shikoku Rail Pass to a station ticket office or Warp branch to receive a reserved seat ticket.
- To board a train show your Shikoku Rail Pass and Reserved Seating ticket to the staff at the ticket gate.
- If you are traveling in the Non-reserved Seating area you only need to show your pass.
- A separate green car ticket is required to travel on the Iyonada Monogatari sightseeing train between Matsuyama and Yawatahama.
- The Shikoku Rail Pass is not valid on the Sunrise Seto line and buses.
- Use Free Wi-Fi Hotspots at select train stations, aboard some trains and at 7-Eleven stores at train stations in Shikoku.
- Nangoku Express buses between Matsuyama and Kochi: Show your pass at a JR Shikoku Bus Plaza.
- Nankai Ferry connecting Tokushima Port and Wakayama Port: Show your pass at the ferry ticket window.
- Ishizaki Kisen and Setonaikaikisen ferries/high-speed ships connecting Matsuyama Port and Hiroshima Port (Super Jet and Cruise Ferry): show your pass and passport at the ferry ticket window.