Keolis - Keolis Corporate Responsibility and Strategy - G
Keolis - G
Keolis Corporate Responsibility and Strategy
The firm is expanding into new markets (through public calls for tenders in France and worldwide) and launching innovative initiatives in mobility.
Autonomous Shuttles and Automated Metro Systems
The company's main innovations in public transport operations are driverless shuttles and automated metro systems:
- Public transport services by self-driving shuttle (through a partnership with Navya, a French manufacturer of self-driving shuttles), which started in September 2016 in Lyon. Keolis currently runs self-driving shuttle services in France and worldwide, particularly in La Défense and Las Vegas.
- Automated metro systems in Shanghai and Hyderabad.
Keolis Digital Services
Keolis offers trip planning, booking and payment services:
- The launch in 2015 of the Plan Book Ticket digital app, which combines “plan” features to organize trips, “book” features to reserve them and “ticket” features to obtain and validate a ticket directly using a smartphone
- The Launch in 2018 of an open payment solution on the Dijon transport network (bank cards can now be used as tickets)
- The introduction of the HelloGo app, which enables passengers to plan, reserve and purchase their tickets for all modes of transport in Utrecht
Keolis Corporate Responsibility
Keolis Electromobility and Alternative Energies
Keolis uses electromobility and alternative energies on several of its networks:
- Launch of a biomethane bus service in Sweden in 2015
- Launch of electric bus service in Rennes, Orléans and Los Angeles
- Launch of a natural gas bus service in Montargis in 2018
Transport for passengers with reduced mobility
Keolis operates transport services for passengers with reduced mobility, such as PAM75 in Paris and PAM94 in the Val-de-Marne department of France.
Keolis Key Data
Keolis generated revenues of €5.4 billion in 2017. Net profits (group share) amounted to €51 million.
Keolis transports 3 billion passengers annually. International business represents 45% of the company's revenues
In 2017, the company had 63,000 employees in France and worldwide.
Keolis Type: Private
Keolis Industry: Rail, road, public transport
Keolis Founded: 2001 Edit this on Wikidata
Keolis Headquarters: Paris, France
Keolis Area Served: Worldwide
Keolis Key people:
Keolis Services: Public transport
Keolis Revenue: €6,6 billion (2019)
Keolis Number of Employees: 68,500 (2019)
Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (30%)