MTR Corporation - C

MTR Corporation - C

MTR Corporation China Mainland

  • Beijing MTR Corporation Limited
  • Hangzhou MTR Corporation Limited
  • MTR Corporation (Shenzhen) Limited

Type: Public company
Industry: Transport, property
Founded: Beijing (16 January 2006)
Hangzhou (6 September 2012)
Shenzhen (1 July 2010)

Headquarters: (Beijing, Hangzhou, & Shenzhen), China
Area Served: Beijing, Hangzhou, Shenzhen
Hangzhou MTR
MTR (Shenzhen)

MTR Corporation Beijing

The company has also formed a joint-venture Beijing MTR Corporation Limited (49%) with Beijing Capital Group ("BCG") (49%) and the Beijing Infrastructure Investment Co ("BIIC") (2%) to build and operate for 30 years Line 4, Daxing line, Line 14, Line 16 and Line 17 of the Beijing Subway.


The company formed a new joint-venture Hangzhou MTR with Hangzhou Metro Group in 2012 to operate Line 1 of the Hangzhou Metro for 28 years, in which MTR holds 49% of the stock, while Hangzhou Metro Group holds the other 51% of the stock. Line 5 of the Hangzhou Metro is operated by Hangzhou MTR Line 5 Ltd, which MTR holds 60% of the stock

MTR Corporation Shenzhen

The company concluded initials concession agreement to build phase 2 of the Line 4 of the Shenzhen Metro, and to operate the whole line on a BOT basis for 30 years from 1 July 2010. The phase 2 of Line 4 have been in operation for passengers since 16 June 2011. Line 13, which is currently under construction, is also confirmed to be operated by MTR Corporation (Shenzhen).

MTR Corporation Macau

  • MTR Railway Operations (Macau) Company Limited

Type: Public company
Industry: Transport
Founded: 11 April 2018
Headquarters: Taipa, Macau
Area served: Taipa

MTR Railway Operations (Macau) Company Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of MTR Corporation, operates the Taipa Line of the Macau Light Rapid Transit (MLRT or MLM) in Macau since the line's opening on 10 December 2019. MTR will operate and maintain the line for 80 months.

MTR Corporation Limited Overview

Headquarters: Kowloon Bay, Hong Kong
Formerly: Mass Transit Railway Corporation (1972–2000)
Type: Public, Government-owned corporation
Traded as:
SEHK: 66
Hang Seng Index component

Public transport
Real estate

Founded: 22 September 1972
Headquarters: 33 Wai Yip Street, Kowloon Bay, New Kowloon, Hong Kong
Area Served: Worldwide, including:
Hong Kong
Melbourne, Victoria
Sydney, NSW

mainland China:
Shenzhen, Guangdong
Hangzhou, Zhejiang
United Kingdom
London, England

Key People:
Rex Auyeung (chairman)
Jacob Kam (CEO)

Revenue: HK$55.4 billion (December 2017)
Net Income: HK$10.5 billion (December 2017)
Total Assets: HK$263.768 billion (December 2017)
Hong Kong Government 75.09%
Others 24.91%

Number of Employees: 28,053 (June 2017)
MTR Corporation:
Traditional Chinese: 香港鐵路有限公司
Simplified Chinese: 香港铁路有限公司
Literal Meaning: Hong Kong Railway Corporation Limited


Rail Holidays
Rail Vacations
Luxury Trains
Luxury Tours
International Trains
International Tours
home Rail-Pass & Train Tickets & International Rail Holidays Hotel Booking & Hotel Reservations & Hotel Accomodation B&B Booking & B&B Reservations & B&B Accommodation Hostel Booking & Youth Hostel Reservations & Hostel Accommodation Chalet Rental & Holiday Homes & Vacation Homes Ski Pass Booking & Ski Pass Reservations & Ski Lift Pass Flight Tickets & Airline Reservations & Flight Booking Ferry Tickets & Ferry Booking & Ferry Reservations Car Rental Booking & Car Hire Reservations Excursions & Days Out & Day Trips & Theme Parks Rail Pass Booking & Rail Pass Reservations & Eurail & Interrail Rail Tickets & Rail Reservations & International Train Tickets Weekend Trips & Weekend Breaks & Weekend Away  Travel Insurance & Business Travel Insurance Eurotunnel Tickets & Eurotunnel Le Shuttle Reservations