BritRail Scottish Highlands PassBritRail Scottish Highlands PassNorthern Scotland is not to be missed and the BritRail Scottish Highlands Pass is your ticket to explore every square mile. Enjoy some of the most scenic routes from Glasgow to Thurso as well as all points in between thanks to the inclusive coach services. Make the most of this pass by also hopping aboard Caledonian MacBrayne to explore the Scottish Isles.BritRail Scottish Highlands Pass Pre-Booking Time11 months BritRail Scottish Highlands Pass Features Valid on the Following Railway LinesAllows you to explore by hopping on and off the trains as you wish.
Valid on the Following Caledonian MacBrayne Ferry Routes
Valid on the following Scottish CoachesScottish Citylink/ West Coast Motors: Oban/Fort William - Inverness
Stage coach in the Highlands: Thurso - Scrabster
D&E Coaches: Inverness - Durness (10% discount on single and Day Return fares on this route.)
BritRail Scottish Highlands Pass Eligibility BritRail Scottish Highlands EligibilityBritRail Passes are designed for sale overseas by tour operators and travel agencies to persons having their permanent residence outside UK.
- The pass is available in Standard Class only.
- Monday to Friday, you can travel anytime except on services arriving into Aberdeen and Inverness before 9:00 am. You can travel anytime on the weekend.
- The Scottish Highlands Pass also includes discounts on additional ferry and bus routes (see below for details)
BritRail Scottish Highlands Pass Validity
BritRail Scottish Highlands Pass Discounts Child Discount
- BritRail Scottish Highlands Pass permits the holder to choose the travel days within the period of validity. Passes are available for 4 days within 8 days.
- Pass must be validated within 6 months of the date of purchase. The BritRail Scottish Highlands Pass may be validated at main stations within Scotland (Aberdeen, Fort William, Glasgow Central & Queen Street, Inverness and Oban)
- Travel on ScotRail’s Caledonian Sleepers is not included with this pass. A 10% discount is available on Caledonian Sleeper Standard fares when tickets are purchased locally.
Children 5-15 pay half the adult fare. Children under 5 travel free and do not need a ticket. BritRail Scottish Highlands Pass Conditions of Use BritRail Scottish Highlands Pass Refunds
- Refunds will be granted if the unvalidated Pass or original exchange coupon or voucher is returned to the office from which it was purchased within one year from the date of issue, (unless a different time period is specified by your travel agent).
- Passes or tickets must bear no evidence of having been tampered with in any way.
- No refund can be made in Britain.
- No refund can be made if the Pass or Ticket cannot be produced.
- Refunds are not given on validated Passes once the commencement date has been reached.
- Where a Pass forms part of an inclusive Tour Package, it is not separately refundable.
- Where no other cancellation charges are specified by travel agent, the cancellation charge will be a minimum of 15%.
- Special offers are not refundable.
- Neither the Participating Operators nor their Agents can accept any responsibility for any failure in the provision of any special offers included.
- Seat and Sleeper reservations are non refundable.
BritRail Scottish Highlands Pass Fees and Charges
Reservation fees guarantee space on a particular service, but not always a specific seat assignment.
BritRail Scottish Highlands Pass Lost Tickets
BritRail is not responsible for tickets or vouchers, which are lost, stolen, mutilated or destroyed. Refunds cannot be authorized in such cases.
Therefore, travel insurance is recommended.BritRail Scottish Highlands Pass More Further Information BritRail Scottish Highlands Pass Discounted RoutesReceive up to 10% discount on Single Day and Return fares on the following route with D&E Coaches:
Receive up to 20% discount on Seated Standard fares purchased on the day of sailing on these routes with Northlink Ferries: