Eurail 1 Country Greece Pass - Eurail One Country Greece Pass - Eurail Greece Pass
Eurail 1 Country Greece Pass
Eurail One Country Greece Pass
Eurail Greece Passes
The Eurail Greece Pass entitles you to rail travel in Greece.
Please note that train travel in Greece requires some preparation,
- Available for 3, 4, 5 or 8 days of travel within 1 month.
- Choose from 1st or 2nd class Eurail Greece passes
- Get extra discounts in Greece like cheap ferry crossings.
basically,,the trains are not modern.
Please note there is also a Greek Islands Pass all purchasers of a Greek Pass are advised to read the Greek Islands Pass page as well as this the Eurail Greek Pass Page
Eurail Benefits in Greece
If your Eurail Pass is valid in Greece, you are entitled to discounts on ferry crossings and other benefits offered by our partners.
To take advantage of these offers just show your Eurail Pass or contact the company, that offers the benefit, directly. Free travel offers are only valid during travel days, whereas other benefits apply during the entire validity of your Eurail Pass.
Travel between Greece and Italy with Superfast Ferries International
With a Eurail Pass valid in Greece and Italy, you can travel on the routes:
Eurail Pass holders with a pass valid in Greece AND Italy are entitled to free deck passage. Holders of a 1st class Pass are entitled to travel for free in dormitories* or air type seats. If your Pass is valid in Greece OR Italy you'll get a 30% discount on full fare rates. Those with a Greek Islands Pass can enjoy two free trips in a 4-bed shared cabin (for 1st class pass holders) and in dormitories or airseats (for 2nd class pass holders).
- Patras – Ancona (Italy)
- Patras - Bari (Italy)
- Patras – Venice (Italy)
- Igoumenitsa – Ancona (Italy)
- Igoumenitsa – Venice (Italy)
- Igoumenitsa - Bari (Italy)
- Corfu - Ancona/Bari (During summer only)
Special Note: Dormitories are not available on the ferries that operate on the routes:
Please note that Pass holders (except those with a Greek Islands Pass) do have to pay seasonal surcharges, port taxes and fuel surcharges.
- Patras (Greece) – Igoumenitsa / Corfu (Greece) – Bari (Italy)
- Bari (Italy) – Igoumenitsa / Corfu (Greece) – Patras (Greece)
Free and Discounted Ferry Travel on International Routes with Minoan Lines
Minoan Lines Domestic offers a 30% discount on the following routes if your pass is valid in Italy or Greece:Minoan Lines International offers 1st class Global Pass holders free air-type seats on crossings, and free deck passage to 2nd class pass holders only if the pass is valid in both Italy and Greece. Pass holders can receive 30% discount if the pass is only valid in either Italy or Greece. The journey takes the following route:
Discounted Travel on the Domestic Routes of Blue Star Ferries
- Patras / Igoumenitsa - Ancona / Venice
Eurail Pass holders receive a 30% discount provided that you've already realised a crossing in the Adriatic Sea with Superfast Ferries.
The discount is valid on these routes:
Special Fares on the Domestic Ferry Routes of Minoan Lines
- Piraeus – Chania/Heraklion (Crete). Operated by AnekSuperfast.
- Piraeus – Cyclades islands (Syros – Tinos – Mykonos – Paros – Naxos – Ios – Santorini – Amorgos – Iraklia – Schinoussa – Koufonissi – Donoussa).
- Piraeus – Dodecanese islands (Astypalaia – Kalymnos – Nisyros – Tilos – Lipsi – Symi – Kastellorizo – Patmos – Leros – Kos – Rhodes).
- Piraeus – Chios – Lesbos - Psara - Oinousses.
Eurail pass holders receive a 30% discount on the route:Set Sail for Italy with Grimaldi Line Ferries
Eurail Pass holders receive a 20% discount on full or special fares for ship passage, and 10% on accommodation supplements for Pullman seats, berth or cabins on Grimaldi Line ferries taking you between Italy and Spain. Discount applies on the following route:
Visit the Athens Railway Museum
- Brindisi - Igoumenitsa / Patras
Eurail pass holders get free admission to the Athens Railway Museum when presenting their passes.